Whether you’re looking to start up your own business or you’re working for a multinational company, you need customers to be able to grow. This is why you need digital marketing.
And to enable customers to reach your business, you’re going to need to harness the power of digital and internet marketing channels. Internet marketing will advertise your business online and help your ideas, products, and services reach the customer, while keeping your business ahead in this elusive competitive environment.
Digital network technology is making interconnectivity between consumers easier by the day, allowing people to connect with each other rapidly through instant communication modes like web based social media platforms such as FB, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
The success of digital marketing is fully dependent upon the content – whether it’s textual, image or video form. And with the help digital technology, content can be created, published, and accessed with speed and ease. It can also be shared easily, allowing people to voice their opinions about products and services before they buy them.
Through analytics tools, one can measure the interaction and reactions of the customer with your brand and your internet marketing strategies.
Below is a list of popular digital marketing channels:
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): using various social media platforms to target audiences on a large scale. Despite the size of these commonly used platforms, the targeting can be very granular, sometimes scaling down to 1,000 people or less. The most popular channels SMM takes advantage of are:
- Display Advertisement: promoting products and services through banner, video, and interactive ads placed across the web on blogging sites, forums, and other websites, which divert traffic to the target business when customers click on them.
- Email Marketing: collecting contact information of potential customers like email address and sending them information regarding your products and services.
- Content marketing: the creative use of text, graphics, videos, and other related materials people are already searching to pull in traffic from the search engines.
- SEO: the optimization of a website with the intent to increase search engine rankings by driving more customers to the site.
When running any sort of internet marketing campaign, it’s important to set goals for the business and measure things like brand awareness, lead generated, sales generated, and traffic to the website. We can then engage the target audience through the various social media channels to further our efforts. Brand awareness ensures that potential customers know you exist. Lead generation then takes over, collecting the personal information, such as name, email, and phone number, from the customers so you can continue to market your products and services to them. As people become more comfortable and begin to trust your brand, they are more willing and likely to buy; many sales will be generated down the road from the time you put into brand awareness, lead generation, and education through the email marketing pipeline. There are many factors at play here, which is why many companies hire marketing and social media managers to coordinate each of the steps.